Bristol Ramblers is one of the largest walking groups in the country. We arrange around 300 walks each year, ranging from short to long, from rural to urban. Forthcoming walks are shown in the box on the left, and you can find more detail by clicking on the walk title. Our full walks programme can be accessed via the Walks pages on the site. That section of the site also provides advice: what to wear, what to carry, categories of walk.
You would be very welcome to try two or three walks before deciding whether to join the Ramblers. You can join via the box on the right.
- organise long weekends and weeks away in places such as the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales;
- hold various social events;
- work with Bristol City Council on footpath clearance and protecting paths;
- campaign on planning and environment issues;
- work with Active Bristol on walking for health.
We are part of the national Ramblers, Britain's walking charity. Information about contacts is set out on the About Us pages.
Join us on Facebook
We now have a Facebook presence. Visit the Bristol Ramblers Facebook group here.
Bristol Walk Fest 2017
England's biggest urban walking festival is back, with over 140 walks and events from 27 April to 31 May. See the programme at www.bristolwalkfest.com.
Taunton Leisure Shopping Evening
The next one is on 1 June: discounts of 20% are available to Ramblers members.
Walk leader training